Saturday, May 10, 2014

The School Of Life Linkup

Life Lessons Linkup

This past week has been so very full of life's little lessons, but aren't they all?  Even the best of weeks have something to teach us.  Fifty four weeks of learning, if we're lucky.  Big and small, if you're paying attention, they're there for the taking.  This simple idea was all it took to form the School Of Life linkup.  I hope you'll join the fabulous Mariah at Food, Booze & Baggage, the ever twirling Miriam at Farm Girl and myself on Sunday's for some schooling :)

Now pay attention class, it's time for this weeks lessons.

First, the drive thru line at In-N-Out.  It's always going to be a half an hour long.  Just expect it.  Bring a good book.  Do what you need to do.  The burger is so worth it.


It's true what they say about the importance of having 6 months salary in the bank.  D and I always laughed at this notion.  I mean, what could possibly happen that we'd need more than a couple a thousand dollars for right?  We've been very lucky up until this point, but as the vet bills start to stack up, I'm rethinking the idea.


Buying a whole melon is never going to work in this household.  I have a watermelon and a honeydew sitting on the counter now.  They've been here all week and I can't seem to bring myself to cut them up.  There's not a drop of domestic goddess in me. 

And apparently chopping too!
For the first time ever I think I have a fairly good idea what a mother goes through on a daily basis for their child's entire existence.  You bitches are crazy, period.  The worry.  Getting up in the middle of the night to make sure my girl is breathing.  All the second guessing.  Should I have taken her to the doctor sooner?  Did I make the right decision?  Did I f*ck my child up forever?  The complete selflessness.  Sleeping on the floor to comfort her because she won't get up onto the bed.  I don't know how you're not all alcoholics, or dead.

    
Speaking of alcoholics, until this last week I thought I was a stress drinker.  That couldn't be further from the truth.  When real stress kicks in you won't find me anywhere near a bottle.  Unless of course it's Friday night!

Don't take anything for granted friends.  I know we hear this all the time and sadly sometimes it takes something hitting us close to home to make us realize that.  Everyday is a gift.  treat it that way and treat the ones you love the way they deserve to be treated.

So how'd I do?  It's not too late to join in the linkup, and even if it is, there's always next week.  Have a wonderful Mother's day all you psycho bitches.  You absolutely deserve your own day.  XO


6 comments:

  1. 6 months salary in the bank? I need to work on that! And i've never been to In N Out- we don't have them here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I def don't have anywhere close to 6 months of my salary saved up! HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Staying in the present and enjoying every single day is never truer than when we are faced with mortality. Enjoy every moment with your baby! Happy cat-momma's day to you!
    And thanks again for including me. Muah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea. I'll be hooking in in coming weeks, I can mention it on my Thursday Thoughts post too.

    Six months...not at this time.

    I cut the melon immediately or it doesn't get cut up.

    Happy Mother's Day fur mommy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same way about pineapple that you do about melons. I don't want to spend more to have them cut but if I buy them whole, they just sit there! And I totally agree on the kid front - how do parents of real humans handle it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darn it! I had a whole comment written on my lunch break yesterday only for it to be cut incredibly short grrr. Great first life lessons post hunni, and great idea for the link up! I gave it a little mention in my weekly wishes linkup post with Nectar Collective to get the word out :D

    The melon - YES! I am the same with pineapples. If Glenn doesn't cut it, it will go off. As much as I hate wasting food I also don't want to injure myself?!!?!

    The stress drinking - I am so happy you learned this about yourself! I guess when it involves our family or family members we respond entirely different. I'm sure Miss Poochie is feeling all the warmth and love you are giving her. Thinking about you and your little family <3 <3

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete